Tuesday 17 February 2015

Blood Money?........I Ran For My Life

Dear Reader,
I know that the issue of blood money is no news in this part of the world but when you find yourself right in the middle of the scene, believe me it is more than news when the director says "action" and you know this may mean an end to your life and it is sure not a movie.
Growing up as a teenager, I visited herbalists in search of spiritual power and strength. I grew up in an environment where sourcing for spiritual support was a norm since we got into street fights frequently and we walked around with harmful objects such as knives and the likes.
By the time we were youths,money became the major way we showed our superiority to one another and if your parents were not wealthy enough you would have to find other ways to get the money which was the case of one of my friend.
I wasn't surprised when my friend came to me that he wanted to have wealth by all means and he particularly said he was ready for even blood money,he just didn't know how to go about it. I called someone I trusted and he told us where to go. After we got to the herbalist and had been told that we will have to wait for seven days, my friend began the process which required ingesting different objects, substances and concoctions for the first few days.
I decided to leave him to his wealth making experience after the third day and was excited for him. Before we embarked on this escapade ,i had not seen this friend of mine for a few years but I trusted him just as much as I think he trusted me enough to confide in me about something like this as we grew up together. 
Fortunately for me,i was in the university at this time and I was yet to take him to my apartment though I said that he could stay with me after the trip. I was shocked when I got the call from the man who introduced us to the herbalist saying that I should totally avoid my friend on his return as his intentions were to use me for the completion of the ritual. I was naive and totally thought I was helping a friend but immediately I heard that,i changed my number and left town immediately. I later found out he turned out to be rapidly wealthy and I wished him all the best, but that year,i learnt my lesson and thinking about just how
desperate people can be when it comes to wealth,i choose my friends wisely. I'll rather be poor than kill a friend or anybody else for money. I may not be wealthy yet but i'm comfortable and will sure wait my turn. The idea of me running for my life may sound funny now but back then,it was no laughing matter. I lost a firend but I still have my life.........thank heavens. This is my DLS.

No comments:

Post a Comment