Monday 23 November 2015

Follow A Lead......'Head Or Heart'

Beautiful People,
Severally, i've heard people say "use your head" and I wonder "why not use your heart?" or "follow your heart", still I think "why not follow your head?". If you're meant to use your head,are you not automatically suppose to follow it's lead and vice versa. 
When it comes to my everyday functional life, oh! My head is there but when it comes to my emotional affairs, thanks to the heart,i'm a fool for love.......lol
Today's secret is about the crazies that unfold when you follow your heart or choose not to use your head. (Enjoy)
                                                   
                                                                            OR

                                                            
"God bless the day I met my long time friend, one of my closest actually, we practically grew up together from our teenage days,been through thick and thin together (things u don't even wanna know) and we never had an issue we couldn't or didn't resolve come what may for many years or so it was until now (still hoping we can work this one out).
We were sisters from different parents and I love her as much if not more (lol,no homo). "What then is the problem? " you're probably wondering now. Don't be in a hurry friend ,i'm almost there......
                                         
Recently, she introduced me to a man she had been dating for over a month and I immediately liked him (for her) or so I thought initially. This cool dude reminded me of a crazy crush I once had and I told my friend as soon as I had that figured out. He went through the friend's first time screening and he more than passed in "my right kind of guy book",so, the admiration increased. We got really talking and I felt like we connected on a deeper level than we would like to admit and quickly afterwards, we kept our distance and focused on why he was here in the first place (his relationship with my friend) .
This damn heart always finds a way to bring two lusty hearts together, doesn't it?.....*sigh*
Soon,we got talking again and this time we couldn't pretend there wasn't some undercurrent running deep beneath the cool,calm and collected surface. We briefly addressed it then let go considering the fact that we were "that which should not happen". Who created the rules anyway?
We kept the communication line......(shikena) and the rest is history (you can chat me up for the history....lol, amebo!) and whatever I felt for him only got stronger and deeper but I never let it affect my sense of judgement when it came to advising my friend about her relationship as she constantly sort my opinion. 
                                        
Unfortunately, the things she complained about were the things that intrigued me about him (I never discussed their negatives with either of them separately, I honestly tried to make them work), so when she said that she was tired of his attitude and claimed that they had broken up,I asked her over and over what she wanted or if she wanted him back but she was tired and confused was all she said,i also felt that she was doing alright since she moved on pretty fine with the distractions or so she made me believe (a lot was going on to make me believe that she wasn't so into this guy in the 1st place,besides, girls talk about these things you know). So I thought to myself, not with the motive to hurt my friend "maybe we can finally give us a chance",we liked eachother and he also complained about them not understanding themselves the way that we do (I happened to understand them both considerably well).
So,i asked him like i've done a few times before in the heat of the moment, "what if I can talk to my friend about us? What if she can understand how I feel about you and decides that we can date?" "Oh! You really think that can happen? We will both be tagged bad,monsters etc. You will loose your friendship and I don't want to be responsible for that" he said.
I repeatedly battled with telling my friend from the onset despite the constant reassurance I gave myself that I could tell her anything and she would understand or that we will figure it out but oh mehn! I didn't want to loose my friend neither was I ready to let go of my new found affection without knowing that I tried to make it last a little while longer (hmmm).

Suddenly, my honourable friend's now ex boyfriend advised me to tell my friend about us because I at least owe her that and I wondered why the drastic change of opinion. I went on with the flow since i'll rather tell her anyway than have her find out any other way. So,i buzzed her a few days later after consulting the opinion of a few and the surprise I got wasn't just her reaction to the news but what happened next............
                                                                                                                                                            (To Be Continued) 


No comments:

Post a Comment